Why RFID for Library Management is Necessary?
Library management is a sub-discipline of institutional management that focuses on specific issues faced by libraries and library management professionals. Library management encompasses normal managerial tasks, as well as intellectual freedom and fundraising responsibilities. Issues faced in library management frequently overlap with those faced in managing non-profit organizations.
The basic functions of library management include, but are not limited to: planning and negotiating the acquisition of materials, Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests, stacks maintenance, overseeing fee collection, event planning, fundraising, and human resources.
- Reduces Staff stress and increases management efficiency.
- Can help prevent theft.
- Fastest,easiest more efficient way to track,locate and manage library materials.
- Efficient book circulation and management.
- Library inventory tracking in minutes instead of hours.
- Multiple books can be read simultaneously.
- Unique ID of the RFID tag prevents counterfeiting.
- Automated material handling.
- Faster Check-In/Check-Out.
- Longevity of Tags-Shelf Life equivalent to the book.