Bandwidth Management Solutions
What is Bandwidth Management?
Bandwidth management is the process of measuring and controlling the communications (traffic, packets) on a network link, to avoid filling the link to capacity or overfilling the link, which would result in network congestion and poor performance of the network. Bandwidth is measured in bits per second (bit/s) or bytes per second (B/s).
What is Bandwidth Management Solutions?
The solution prioritizes business-critical applications and users with granular Layer 7 and Layer 8 controls, supporting Cloud and SaaS deployments while lowering capital expense involved in bandwidth purchase.
- Prioritizes business-critical applications and users for bandwidth allocation.
- Prioritization based on source, destination, user, service, service group.
- Assured QoS for business-critical applications like VoIP, CRM.
- A bandwidth manager that supports bandwidth requirement for Cloud, SaaS applications.
- Prevents congestion and bandwidth abuse.
- Bandwidth allocation based on website categories: webmail, social media, gaming, entertainment etc.
- Upload, download limits
- Layer 8 Identity-based policies with category-based allocation
- Enhanced productivity with Web Filtering.
- Bandwidth scheduling by time of the day.
- Committed bandwidth to business-critical applications during scheduling.
- A bandwidth manager that balances peaks and troughs in bandwidth consumption.
- Assured QoS for business-critical applications.
- Committed bandwidth to critical users at all times.
- Policies to assign idle bandwidth to other applications automatically.
- Optimal use of idle bandwidth.
- Limits capital expense in excess bandwidth purchase.
- Delivers ROI.
- Multiple WAN link bandwidth reporting.
- Options of on-appliance reporting and centralized reporting with CCC and Cyberoam iView.
- Supports optimal use of bandwidth with visibility into bandwidth usage.
- Identifies network attacks through excess bandwidth consumption patterns.
- Helps meet regulatory compliance.